Friday, May 28, 2010

Weekly Update

5/28/10 Weekly Update

Its hard to believe it . . . Memorial Day weekend is upon us. Its time to dive into summer, and suck up its rich intensity as a store for the darkness and cold that always follows. But today, on this bright and glorious day, it is hard to imagine that not so long ago we had snow for so long it was hard to remember what green even looked like! I'm making a list of all the things I want to experience this summer, just so that I feel like I've really lived! And like I have truly restored my spirit. Some of the things on my list include: walking barefoot in the dew soaked grass on a hot summer night, taking a long swim in the quarry, sailing on Lake Michigan, sitting on the porch swing and reading a long, dreamy novel, writing some poetry, fishing with my new friend and playmate . . . so what things will you be reaping during these rich summer months? Plan now! Don't wait! I think part of being truly spiritual is scheduling the time to do it!

This will be my last full Sunday with you for a while. I will help Lara Martinsen-Burrell with a special Sunday morning wedding service in June. But then I won't be around until August. Next week I'll be in Michigan for my daughter Irene's HS graduation!

So enjoy all that the Worship Associates have planned for you, and come on out to wish me a happy summer on Sunday!

~Eva


Sunday 5/30/10

8:30 am Music Rehearsal

9:30 am Service "Memorial Day Chapel" Rev. Eva Cameron;
Karen Impola as Worship Associate. This Chapel service will honor all those who have served our county. You are invited to bring a picture or keepsake in memory of someone special to you. I will share some of the story of Dottie Forsburg, who's service to our country during WWII was recently highlighted in the Department of Defense news.

10:30 am All Church Clean-Up: Please wear your work clothes, and bring
cleaning supplies for both indoor and outdoor work. We don't have a custodian,
so we all have to pitch in to make our beloved church space shine – kids and
group-ups alike!

12:00 pm Potluck & Picnic: Bring a dish to pass and, if you wish,
something to cook on the grill. We'll have the fire hot and we will celebrate
the coming of summer with some old-fashioned Root Beer floats! Invite a friend or family member if they are lonely on the holiday weekend! The more the merrier!

Calendar Updates for this Coming Week

Monday

Rev. Eva Cameron is on vacation this week.

Tuesday

7:00 pm Committee on Ministry

Wednesday

5:30 pm Dinner (Please RSVP)

6:30 pm Cedar Valley Meditation Group (high school room)

Fun for All Ages

6:30 pm Theoretical String Band

7:00 pm Small Group Facilitators Meeting

Thursday

7:30 pm Buddhist Path (balcony)



Rev Eva Cameron
minister
Unitarian Universalist Society of Black Hawk Co.
Cedar Falls, IA 50613
319-610-6605
www.uusbhc.org
Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail.

No comments: